HS2 - Notice of pipeline diversion works in Chattlehill
Published on Tuesday, 25th June 2019
High Speed Two (HS2) is the new high speed railway for Britain. Cadent will be moving underground gas pipelines in the Coleshill area until 2020, to allow for the construction of the new railway.
We’ll make sure people are aware as the work progresses.
What are we doing?
We are starting main works on one of these pipelines at the beginning of July 2019.
Most of our work to move the pipeline will take place within the existing main works compound, off Watton Lane. We will need to work on land to the south of the main site while we move this pipeline (see map).
Work to move the pipeline will include
- Securing our temporary extended working area with fencing
- Digging a trench for the new pipeline route
- Welding the pipe together then installing it in the trench
Our workers will always access the working area from inside our main works compound. Standard construction vehicles and equipment will be used, and all work will take place inside usual working hours.
There will be 24-hour security on site so we can maintain a safe working environment. Please note, there will be no on-site lodging.
How will this affect you?
While there may be some low-level noise, we do not anticipate this work will cause any disruption to local people. The temporary extended working area that we are using will be returned to its original condition when the work is complete.
There will not be any disruption to your utilities during our works.
Duration of work
- Early July 2019 until approximately April 2020
- Our working hours will be 8.00am to 6.00pm (Mon-Fri) and 8.00am to 1.00pm (Sat)
- We will be on-site one hour either side of these times for set-up and close-down
What to expect
- Additional working area to the south of our main works site
- All access from inside our main works compound
- The site will be secured with construction fencing to maintain a safe working environment
- 24-hour security on site
What we will do
- Make sure all construction vehicles use agreed routes
- Keep all sites safe and secure
- Inform people in advance of any changes
If you have a question about HS2 or our works, please contact our helpdesk on 08081 434 434 or email HS2enquiries@hs2.org.uk
- More articles in the news archive