HS2 - Notice of pipeline diversion work off A446 (Lichfield Road) near Water Orton
Published on Tuesday, 16th July 2019
We will be starting main works to move one of these pipelines at the beginning of August 2019.
Duration of work
- Early August 2019 until July 2020
- Our working hours will be 8.00am to 6.00pm (Mon-Fri) and 8.00am to 1.00pm (Sat)
- We will be on-site one hour either side of these times for set-up and close-down
What to expect
- All roads will remain open throughout the work
- 24-hour security on site
What we will do
- Make sure all construction vehicles use agreed routes
- Keep all sites safe and secure
- Inform people in advance of any changes
What are we doing?
We will be working on land either side of the A446 (Lichfield Road) near the junction with Watton Lane, while we move this pipeline.
We will use our existing temporary works compound at the former Old Salts Rugby Club site south of Watton Lane, as our main site. We’ll access the work sites using existing accesses on Watton Lane and Gorsey Lane.
Work to move the pipeline will include:
- Digging a trench for the new pipeline route
- Boring a tunnel underneath the A446 (Lichfield Road) to avoid closing this important road
- Welding the pipe together then installing it in the trench
- Connecting and testing the new pipe
There will be 24-hour security on site so we can maintain a safe working environment. Please note, there will be no on-site lodging.
How will this affect you?
While there may be some low-level noise, we do not anticipate this work will cause any disruption to local people. Standard construction vehicles and equipment will be used, and work will take place inside usual working hours. There will not be any disruption to your utilities during our works.
If you have a question about HS2 or our works, please contact our helpdesk on 08081 434 434 or email HS2enquiries@hs2.org.uk
- More articles in the news archive