M42 J9 to J10 roadworks
Published on Monday, 23rd September 2019
M42 J9 to J10 northbound and southbound resurfacing, and M42 southbound exit slip.
Highways England Information
What we’re doing and why? What are the benefits?
We will be resurfacing the M42 between J9 and J10, both northbound and southbound. Work will include the replacement of road markings. We will also be resurfacing the M42 J10 southbound exit slip along with road markings. The completed work will provide a smoother and safer road surface to users. Work will extend the life of the road whilst minimising the need for future maintenance.
When will this work take place?
- M42 J10 to J9 Southbound Phase 1 We will work from 07 October 2019 to 11 October 2019. The work will be completed overnight between the hours of 10pm and 6am. Our days of work will be Monday to Friday.
- M42 J9 to J10 Northbound We will work from 14 October 2019 to 20 October 2019. The work will be completed overnight between the hours of 10pm and 6am. Our days of work will be Monday to Sunday.
- M42 J10 to J9 Southbound Phase 2 We will work from 21 October 2019 to 26 October 2019. The work will be completed overnight between the hours of 10pm and 6am. Our days of work will be Monday to Friday.
- M42 J10 Southbound exit slip We will work from 28 October 2019 to 06 November 2019. The work will be completed overnight between the hours of 9pm and 6am. Our days of work will be Monday to Friday.
Our planned road work may be subject to change due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances. Where possible, we will notify you if there are any changes to the schedule using black and yellow signs on the roadside.
What does this mean for you?
During the closures, we will provide a signed diversion route. They have been agreed by Tamworth Borough Council. Emergency vehicles will have access through the work.
M42 J9 to J10 resurfacing diversion
The diversion route from the M42 J10 SB is via the A5, A38 & A446- 16.6 miles – 22 minutes.
The diversion route from the M42 J9 NB is via the A446, A38 & A5- 16.6 miles – 22 minutes
M42 J10 SB exit slip resurfacing diversion
Continue along the M42 to J9 and then back up to J10 Northbound exit slip-11.9 miles –18 minutes
I would also like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience or disruption to those living close to the work. We’ll make every effort to carefully manage noise levels and additional lighting to minimise the impact.
Find out more
If you have any questions, or if you would like to know more about our work, please call us on 0300 123 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit our website at https://highwaysengland.co.uk/roads/ or write to us at Highways England, National Traffic Operations Centre, 3 Ridgeway, Quinton Business Park, Birmingham, B32 1AF.
- More articles in the news archive