North Warwickshire Unveils New Support Scheme for Small Business as Part of Local Recovery Plans
Published on Friday, 31st July 2020
Support for North Warwickshires small businesses and self-employed
North Warwickshire Unveils New Support Scheme for Small Business as part of Local Recovery Plans
- New partnership with Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
- Area’s independent businesses and self-employed can now claim significant discount off direct business support
- Subsidised package includes free business banking, 24/7 legal advice, HR support, tax guidance, late payment and financial help, insurances, health and safety information plus healthcare now on offer to North Warwickshire Borough Council businesses
As businesses start to reopen, North Warwickshire Borough Council has revealed a new element of support for the area’s small businesses and self-employed, designed to help firms recover from the coronavirus crisis and beyond.
The Council has teamed up with the Warwickshire and Coventry arm of the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) to offer a heavily discounted membership – which includes access to a huge range of support services, discounts and advice – to small businesses within the North Warwickshire area.
North Warwickshire Borough Council is subsidising membership, opting to pay the first £50 of the usual fee and FSB is waiving the normally required joining fee. That means sole traders can join from as little as £97, way down from a typical £177.
Steve Maxey, Chief Executive at North Warwickshire Borough Council said: “The past few months have been incredibly tough on small businesses and I hope that this scheme will offer some much-welcomed support to help get our local businesses back on their feet.”
Lee Osborne, FSB Development Manager for Warwickshire and Coventry said “I am delighted to be working with North Warwickshire Borough Council to deliver direct support to the area’s small businesses and self-employed. This is a tough time for small businesses and this crucial initiative to get robust, and immediate business support will help them not only to survive this crisis, but to go to thrive and achieve success. I am looking forward to helping North Warwickshire to roll out this offer and to welcoming new members to our network as soon as possible and supporting businesses across the area to weather this crisis”.
Once businesses take up the subsidised membership, they can access the full package of business support which will help firms across the UK to plan their recovery, manage their HR issues and get to grips with their legal obligations alongside 165,000 other businesses around the UK. The full membership package includes:
- 24/7 FSB Legal protection hotline and online hub of legal documents, employment protection and HR guidance including information on the furlough scheme
- Tax Investigation Protection – members have automatic access to comprehensive and free tax advice and tax investigation insurance
- FSB Workplace Pensions. A straightforward and cost-effective solution specifically designed to help small businesses ensure their workplace pension scheme is fully compliant.
- Free Business Banking with the Co-operative Bank
- FSB Care – a hotline for business owners to seek advice on support on mental and physical health concerns
- FSB Cash Advance - access to fast, flexible funding with no hidden repayment fees.
- £10k of built-in FSB Cyber Protection insurance to projected websites, databases and email systems
- Debt management and late payment tools to help SMEs to get paid on time and in full
- FSB Funding Platform which makes seeking out available and relevant business funding easy
- Health and Safety Advice
- Insurance service
- PR/Crisis helpline
FSB has been supporting small businesses and the self-employed since 1974 and since the outbreak of the coronavirus crisis has lobbied hard for fair support for the UK’s vital small business community. The Chancellor of the Exchequer Rishi Sunak launched the Job Retention Scheme, Self-employed Income Support Scheme and Small Business Grants following talks with FSB in Westminster. Locally, FSB has offered front-line guidance, support and virtual events for the areas SMEs and sole traders and is therefore best placed to help local small firms to recover and grow.
To apply for the discounted membership applicants should email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As experts in business, FSB offers members a wide range of vital business services, including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice in Government. Its aim is to help smaller businesses achieve their ambitions. More information is available at www.fsb.org.uk. You can follow us on twitter @fsb_policy, or for local updates, @FSBWarksandCov and @FSBWestMids
- More articles in the news archive