Coronavirus restrictions in North Warwickshire
Published on Wednesday, 14th October 2020
North Warwickshire has been placed in the ‘Medium alert level’ as a result of the government’s three-tier system introduced on 12th October 2020.
The restrictions, which are already in effect for North Warwickshire are as follows:
Local COVID Alert Level - Medium
- you must not socialise in groups larger than 6, indoors or outdoors (other than where a legal exemption applies)
- businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law
- certain businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10pm and 5am
- businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through
- schools and universities remain open
- places of worship remain open, subject to the rule of 6
- weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on numbers of attendees
- exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors, or indoors if the rule of 6 is followed
You should continue to:
- follow social distancing rules
- work from home where you can effectively do so
- when travelling, plan ahead or avoid busy times and routes. Walk or cycle if you can
Find out more about the measures that apply in medium alert level areas to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We need to follow the rules to avoid spreading the virus and harming our communities. If numbers rise we risk further restrictions and the impact they have on us all.
A postcode checker on gov.uk will show which alert level applies in each area and the NHS COVID-19 app will also direct people to this information.
- More articles in the news archive