Businesses urged to help stop the spread
Published on Wednesday, 27th January 2021
COVID rates are currently high in North Warwickshire and the West Midlands is the second highest region in the country.
One of the main sources of infection at the moment are people who cannot work from home becoming infected at work and then taking the virus into their household.
We are asking therefore for any businesses currently open to redouble their efforts to stop the spread by taking a number of steps:
- Review your Coronavirus Risk Assessment
- Ensure ALL staff that can work from home do work from home
- Staff who cannot work from home must ensure they are tested regularly – see https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/covidcommunitytesting for booking details
- Staff must be instructed to not come to work if they have any coronavirus symptoms and to get a test if they have symptoms.
- Ask your staff if they are well when they come into work
- Use PPE – masks, gloves, visors where necessary
- Socially distance where able
- Frequent cleaning of touch points and make sure your cleaning materials kill viruses
- Discourage car sharing and where unavoidable sanitise hands, wear masks and the passenger must sit in the back. Open windows for ventilation
Council staff will be visiting to ensure premises are COVID safe. COVID 19 - Report a concern about a business
Thank you for all you are doing to keep staff safe.
North Warwickshire Borough Council
- More articles in the news archive