Notice of construction works on the east and west bound M6/M42 link roads
Published on Monday, 10th May 2021
High Speed Two (HS2) is the new high speed railway for Britain. Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is working in partnership with HS2 Ltd to build the new high speed railway in your area.
What work will we be doing?
Widening of the hard shoulder Implementation of longterm traffic management arrangements.
What to expect
Temporary overnight road closures on M6/M42 link roads from 9:00pm to 5:00am.
Closures to in be in place throughout the works and road users will be advised of these in advance.
Long-term narrow lanes on link roads for 5 years.
What we will do
Inform you in advance of any changes to the dates shown Keep all sites safe and secure Ask you to register with hs2inwarwickshire.co.uk to receive updates
The work we will be doing
In March we updated you on the works to be carried out on the M6/M42 link roads. Unfortunately, some aspects of these works were not able to start on the dates outlined and are now planned to start Friday 21st May.
The works that will be completed include:
- Widening of the east bound hard shoulder
- Implementation of long-term traffic management arrangements,
- consisting of narrow running lanes
- Creation of access/egress point off the east bound link road
In order to undertake our works safely, throughout May, June and July we will work with Highways England to:
- Implement temporary overnight road closures on east bound link roads.
- Implement long-term narrow lanes on east bound link roads,reducing the speed limit to 50mph. These narrow lanes will be in place for the duration of BBV’s construction programme.
These works are part of the wider HS2 works in the area, as we start to prepare for the access and egress point onto the east bound link road and also the viaducts which will cross the link roads in this location.
We will keep you up to date with more works happening through timely communications on HS2 Warwickshire community website and through Highways England communication channels.
If you have a question about HS2 or our works, please contact our HS2 Helpdesk team on 08081 434 434 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- More articles in the news archive