North Warwickshire Borough Council re-sign the Armed Forces Covenant
Published on Monday, 30th October 2023
The council has pledged its ongoing support to veterans and serving military
Mayor and Armed Forces Champion for North Warwickshire Borough Council, Cllr David Humphreys signed the covenant on behalf of the council on Monday, 30 October, at a ceremony held at Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council.
Representatives from Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council, NHS Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust and NHS South Warwickshire Foundation Trust also signed the Covenant.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise that those who serve or have served in the armed forces and their families should be treated fairly and not face disadvantages when seeking access to public or private goods and services in the UK. Businesses, public bodies or charities who wish to support the armed forces community can sign the covenant and publicly declare their commitments.
The council demonstrates its commitment in a number of ways. It supports the housing needs of personnel and veterans, whether it is through Housing Support, Armed Forces Community Hubs, The Lifeworks Programme or Veterans Gateway.
The aims of the Armed Forces Covenant for North Warwickshire is:
- To work with veterans and serving personnel to apply for housing and find solutions for those experiencing housing issues.
- As a Local Authority, we are signed up to the Commitment to Collaborate to Prevent and Relive Homelessness.
- Endeavour in our business dealings to uphold the key principles of the Armed Forces Covenant.
- To demonstrate our commitment to recognise the value that serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business and to our country.
- More articles in the news archive