Sex establishment licence
The Council has adopted the provisions of Schedule 3 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982, as amended, covering the licensing of sex shops, sex cinemas and sexual entertainment venues.
- For a licence for a sex establishment licence
- For a change to sex establishment licence
Eligibility, penalties & regulation summary
Details of the regulations and penalties can be found in A summary of the regulations and eligibility criteria for this licence
The following additional information might also be helpful.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must not be disqualified from holding a licence
- Must have been resident in the UK at least six months immediately before the application or, if a body corporate, must be incorporated in the UK
Must not have been refused the grant or renewal of a licence for the premises in question within the last 12 months unless the refusal has been reversed on appeal.
- See our current fees and charges.
Application evaluation process
- The usual period to process applications is 60 days
- The decision period will not begin until all required information has been received by the council and the fee paid.
Will Tacit Consent apply?
Tacit consent will not apply.
If 'tacit consent' applies it means that an application is automatically approved if a decision is not made within the above decision period. In all other cases approval can only be obtained following the decision regardless of the time taken.
It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us.
Some applications will be recorded in a Public Register.
Last updated Monday, 28th September 2015