Property valuation bands
Finding a property's valuation band
- Your council tax bill will state the property's valuation band
Charges for each valuation band by village or town
See council tax charges for bands A to H for each village and town in North Warwickshire.
The Valuation Office Agency allocates the valuation band: it will allocate your dwelling to one of eight bands according to its open market capital value at 1st April 1991 (see below). If your property was built after this date, it would be subject to the same valuation criteria and assessed using 1991 values. Valuation band ranges are as follows:
- Band A: Up to and including £40,000
- Band B: £40,001 to £52,000
- Band C: £52,001 to £68,000
- Band D: £68,001 to £88,000
- Band E: £88,001 to £120,000
- Band F: £120,001 to £160,000
- Band G: £160,001 to £320,000
- Band H: More than £320,000
Who is responsible for valuation
It is the responsibility the Valuation Office and NOT the Council to value a property.
How can I appeal my valuation band
You will need to vist the Valuation Office website to challenge your council tax band. More information can be found at Challenge your Council Tax band: Overview - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
You can also call the Valuation Office 03000 501501
Whilst any appeal is outstanding, the current charges remain due and payable. Should you be successful in securing a reduction, then any overpayment will be refunded or credited to you.