Female genital mutilation, honour based violence and forced marriage

Throughout the world, there are many different types of harmful practices that violate human rights, predominantly of women.

On these pages, professionals can information about

  • Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
  • Honour Based Violence (HBV)
  • Forced Marriage

Visit Safe in Warwickshire

Please download and print copies to display in offices and staff areas. If you are unable to print the posters, small numbers of copies are available by contacting vawg@warwickshire.gov.uk

In addition, the links in each section will enable you to access a wealth of information,  national resources, e-learning modules and local support services for each of the harmful practices.

How to report a concern

If you or someone you know is, or is at risk of becoming, a victim of Female Genital Mutilation, Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage, contact Warwickshire Police on 101. In an emergency call 999.

For confidential, non-judgmental and independent support in Warwickshire, call Refuge – Warwickshire Domestic Violence Service on 0800 408 1552.

If you have concerns that a child is suffering ANY form of neglect, abuse or cruelty, contact the Warwickshire Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 01926 414 144.
Out of usual office hours you can contact the Emergency Duty Team on 01926 886 922.
Professionals will need to complete a Multi-Agency Referral Form.

Where an adult is:

  • Unable to look after themselves, due to the level of their care and support needs, and
  • Is experiencing or is at risk of abuse or neglect

Contact Adult Social Care on 01926 412080. The adult social care teams can offer advice and support and, where necessary, arrange appropriate services.

Information on safeguarding in Warwickshire.

Mental health and wellbeing

There are a range of mental health and wellbeing services and support available across Warwickshire that can help you to improve your wellbeing and support you during difficult times.