Black bin collections - rubbish
Black bin - general non-recyclable rubbish
How often are black bins emptied?
Black bins are emptied fortnightly.
Time and place
On your collection day please put your bin out at the edge of your property by 6:30am, if you live in a flat please use your communal bin and we will collect from the communal bin store.
What to put in your black bin:
Items which cannot be recycled in your red-lidded or green bins including:
- Carrier bags, film and cling film
- Crisp packets
- Tetrapak (juice cartons)
- Animal waste including dog poo, cat litter and small animal bedding
- Vacuum cleaner contents
What you can't put in your black bin:
- Any building waste including bricks and rubble - take to Lower House Farm Recycling Centre - links to Warwickshire County Council - restriction may apply
- Soil and sand - small amounts of soil and sand can be taken to Lower House Farm Recycling Centre - links to Warwickshire County Council
- Heavy metal and electrical items - please take these to a Household waste and recycling centre or Order a Bulky Collection
- Gas canisters - empty gas bottles should be returned to the original supplier or manufacturer wherever possible (the manufacturer is normally identified on the side of bottle).
- Hazardous waste - some hazardous waste can be disposed of at Lower House Farm Recycling Centre - links to Warwickshire County Council
- Electrical items - please take these to a Household waste and recycling centre or Order a Bulky Collection
Why we sometimes have difficulty collecting bins in snow and ice.
The Council has a no side waste policy. Any extra waste placed next to your black bin will not be collected.
Please report a missed bin using the link below
Extra bin for large families
If you are always over filling your bins you can apply for extra capacity, please use our online form to request a waste assessment below.
Missing or damaged bin or insert
You can order a replacement bin or insert or ask for a repair using the link below.
Collection of a spare bin
You can request the collection of a spare bin using the link below
Last updated Friday, 12th April 2019