Review of council tax discounts
We review Council Tax discounts because sometimes people forget to tell us when their circumstances change.
A review is being carried out over all properties in the borough where the occupant is in receipt of a Council Tax Discount of 25% for being the only adult resident. This review is being managed by Capacitygrid.
Changes to Single Person Discount (SPD) entitlement occur where:
- a partner, friend or family member has moved in
- a tenant/lodger has moved in
- a resident child has turned 18
- Any instance where more than 1 person over the age of 18 reside in a property.
If you have lost your review letter or need to discuss the review form, please telephone Capacitygrid on 0808 168 8923. Lines are open between 8.45am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday. This is a freephone number.
Completing the review
It will take 10 minutes to complete, and you will need the passcode numbers on your review letter.
Use the form below to either:
- declare that you are still living alone, or
- tell us that the number of adults living at your address has changed
If you are no longer the only adult resident
You must still complete the online discount review form. Depending on the circumstances, you may qualify for an alternative discount.
It is an offence to give false information and may result in a penalty of at least £70 being added to your account in any instance where this occurs.