Apply for a Home Upgrade Grant

This grant is for properties with non-mains gas heating systems only.

Who can apply

You will need to meet the following eligibility criteria: 

  • Gross household income must be below £31,000 per year
  • Property Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rated at D, E, F or G
  • Funding is for properties that are not heated by a mains gas heating system

Apply for a home upgrade grant

Energy performance certificate (EPC)

Check your property Energy Performance Certificate rating. If your property does not have an EPC, you can still apply.

  • Do not apply if your EPC is rated A, B or C

Landlord and tenants

If you are a private landlord you must have less than four properties in your portfolio, your tenant must meet the criteria and make the application. The fund for landlords is for a maximum of £5,000.

If you are a private tenant, please provide the contact details for your landlord at the point of application.

What happens next

If your application is successful, we will pass your details to our appointed contractor, who will  arrange a retrofit assessment of your property. The retrofit assessment will identify if your home is suitable for works such as: 

  • Loft insulation
  • Cavity wall insulation
  • External wall Insulation
  • Air source heat pumps
  • Solar panels

Once a retrofit assessment is carried out, there will be additional visits from the installers who will quote for the measures directly to the Nuneaton and Bedworth Council. We fund 100% of the works for owner occupiers.

Some properties may be able to have multiple measures installed. Once works are installed we will carry out a further energy performance certificate at the property to measure the improvements for the fund provider.

Home upgrade grant