How to apply

  • Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support are means tested and the amount you may receive will depend on your personal circumstances
  • Housing Benefit can help you pay your for the property you live in. Housing Benefit cannot be used to pay a mortgage
  • Council Tax Support can help you pay towards Council Tax on your home

How can I find out if I might be entitled to any help without filling out the claim form:

You can use a benefit calculator to find out which benefits you might be entitled to without completing the online claim form. For more information please visit:

Guidance notes

The online Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support claim form has been specially designed to be easy to fill in.

  • The form will help and guide you as you work through it, to ensure you only fill in the parts that are relevant to your claim; this makes it much easier to fill in than a paper form: the form checks for errors and highlights anything you have missed
  • The form is secure and all your information is encrypted
  • When inputting amounts on the claim form, please use the format of 00.00, you do not need to use £ or commas

To start your claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support please see 1st paragraph above.

If you need help to fill in this form

If you have any questions or need help to fill in your application form, you can phone us on 01827 715341. 

Make a claim for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Make a claim for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support here 

Evidence of your Identification

When you make a new application for Housing Benefit or Local Council Tax Support, you will need to provide proof of your identity. 

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Address: The Benefits Section
North Warwickshire Borough Council
Council House
South Street

Telephone: 01827 715 341