You are here:


Coronavirus Planning Service Updates

Planning Applications and Planning Enforcement

As a consequence of the current Coronavirus pandemic the Council’s Development Control Service are deploying home working extensively and may be working short staffed.  Whilst every effort will be made to maintain as normal a service as possible, there will inevitably be some delays in the processing of planning applications, including getting applications validated when they are first submitted.  Our ability to carry out effective public consultation and consultation with statutory consultees is likely to be compromised and this may stall the determination of applications presented to the Council. 

To reduce non-essential contact the service will not be able to meet customers in person. 

Please note that will not be able to receive or process hard copy correspondence during the COVID-19 lockdown period. All correspondence should be sent electronically to

Please note that for the duration of Coronavirus restrictions site visits will be halted. 

The Planning Duty Officer System, which is normally available on weekday mornings, will continue to operate as long as resources allow but will only respond to email and telephone enquiries.

The meeting of the Planning and Development Board scheduled for 6th April P&D is postponed.  Advance notice will be given of its rescheduling when a new date is known.

We will act on advice from the Government and adjust service accordingly. Please be assured that we will work hard to continue to run as smoothly as possible, however, please also appreciate that our services will be impacted in the coming weeks.  We will post updates when any changes to these operating practices happen.

Coronavirus Planning Appeals Service Update

The Planning Casework Unit (PCU) at MHCLG will be continuing to deal with its regular range of cases. However, as all staff are following the Prime Minister’s advice aimed at limiting the spread of COVID-19 and are largely working from home, PCU will not be able to receive or process hard copy correspondence.

All correspondence for the Unit should be sent electronically to:

Building Control

For Building Control updates please visit